Abstract submission will open on 8 July 2016
Read the 2nd call for papers
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted until 1 October 2016
The Programme Committee and Organising Committee invite 4 types of original submissions, defined as follows:
- Long paper (with commentator)
Submit an extended abstract (min. 1’000, max. 1’500 words), ready for double-blind reviewing. Each accepted paper will then have to be submitted prior to the conference (see important dates below) and will have a commentator assigned. Authors will be allocated longer slots (± 45 min.). Published long papers will be within the 5’000-7’000 word range (incl. references and footnotes).
- Regular paper (without commentator)
Submit a regular abstract (min. 300, max. 500 words) ready for double-blind reviewing. For authors of accepted regular papers there is no need to submit them in advance, and there will be no commentator. Authors will be allocated shorter slots (± 25 min.). Published regular papers will be within the 3’500-5’000 word range (incl. references and footnotes).
- Thematic panel/symposium
A thematic panel/symposium is expected to be directly related to the main theme of the conference. Panels should allow 3 to 5 speakers to present and will last between 90 and 150 min. They may include a panel respondent (panel organiser(s) or someone invited by the panel organiser(s)). Panel proposals are submitted by the panel organiser. They should be prepared for double-blind reviewing and include a title, a description of the panel, including its connection to the conference theme (300-500 words), the titles and abstracts of all contributions to the panel (300-500 words each) and the name of the respondent if applicable. Published panel/symposium papers will be within the 3’500-5’000 word range (incl. references and footnotes). Please note that all abstracts in the panel/symposium should also be individually submitted by their authors as ‘Regular papers’; this must be done by ticking the option “My paper is part of a thematic panel/symposium” which will available in the submission system under the abstract box.
UPDATE: Please note that book panels should be submitted under this category.
Submit a regular abstract (min. 300, max. 500 words) ready for double-blind reviewing. For authors of accepted posters there is no need to submit them in advance. Posters will neither be assigned a commentator nor published. A poster session will be organised in a dedicated time slot during the conference. Please prepare a printed A1 poster and not a hand-written one.
Please bear in mind the following policies as you submit your abstract:
- Submissions may be singly or jointly authored.
- Authors may submit more than one abstract, but this is discouraged and will be taken into account when accepting papers.
- Authors can only appear as main author once, as the conference policy is ‘one abstract-one registration’. The only exception to this is when an author presents a panel contribution and an individual paper (long, regular or poster).
- Submissions must be anonymous. That is, the abstract cannot contain any information by which the author(s) can be identified, e.g., no author names.
- All abstracts will be double-blind peer reviewed for their overall quality and relevance to the conference by the members of the Scientific Committee (see below).
- All abstracts must be submitted on Easychair by 1 October 2016, 23:59 (UTC + 01:00) on the Easychair submission platform for ECA2017 (available as of 8 July 2016).
- Notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent by early December 2016.